I’m Ben. I make music and video games using my computer.
Unity / C#
5+ years of experience; original independent games, game jams, and university projects. I used Unity for:
- Educational platformer Rosy Ruins.
- Minimalist board game Dropples.
- Programming puzzler 12-to-6 Shift.
- Management-action game Pesadilla Hotel.
- Splitting platformer c.a.l.e.b.
- Frenetic mini-shooter Ghost Town Gunner.
- Goofy boxing game Roll with the Punches.
- Oddball rhythm game Thirsty Bird.
- and more!
Learned 2010; used extensively with Processing framework for original game prototypes since 2016, including
- Action minigame Pineslice.
Learned 2022; used with raylib framework for original game prototypes, including
- Speedy Wordle variant Fjordle.
Learned 2017; used for personal scripting and Wesleyan University class “Machine Learning Methods for Audio and Video Analysis.”
Playing since age 5; deep understanding of Western music theory and experience with classical technique.
5+ years of experience; original songs, backing tracks, sound design. I used Ableton for:
- Bouncy theme for game Dropples.
- Western pastiche for game Ghost Town Gunner.
- Toasty orchestra for podcast Dear Literature.
- Delicate pop-ballad album (and Wesleyan University capstone project) Heavy Hands (coming soon.)
- Punchy OST for game Thirsty Bird (coming soon.)
- and more!
Learned 2013; original compositions. I used Logic for:
Independent video game developer. Skilled in Unity/C#, Java, Python. Experienced digital musician/composer/sound designer for theater and film. Skilled in Ableton Live, Logic Pro.
Bachelor of Arts, Music - Wesleyan University Recipient of Leavell Memorial Prize from Music Department Grade: GPA 3.95